M-F 8:30-5:00 PST
Banner Making: From Envision to Completion
For over sixteen years we've been making banners, and in that time we have come across all types, sizes, colors and shapes. We have fielded quite an array of questions from thousands of banner buyers from all over the world. The most simple question we answer, and also the most fundemental one is; How do I buy a banner? That one's simple to answer, right?
To a professional banner maker this seems simple; choose the material, have your graphic artist produce a layout, and with the right equipment the perfect banner magically appears. However, to the consumer, the processes and know-how that are required from the envisioning of the banner design to the installation of the banner can easily become confusing.
What we've attempted to do in the following pages is to take some of the ambiguity out of the process of buying a banner by describing some of the choices we make, as well as the processes involved from envision to completion. We will go step-by-step through the decisions a banner consumer will be faced with, such as choosing the right type of banner for the right type of use. Hopefully, this will take some of the mystery out of your next banner purchase.
Key questions to consider when having a banner made
- How large of a banner do I need? There are many factors in banner making that determine the size of the banner such as how far away the viewing audience will be, how much information will be on the banner, and how large of an area you have to install the banner.
- What kind of banner will I need for my particular type of use? How the banner will be used is one of the most important questions that needs to be asked. Different types of banners are made for different types of uses. Answers to the following questions are essential for determining what type of banner to make: Will the banner be used primarily for Indoor use or oudoor use? Will the banner be used for long term use or short term use? Will the banner be mounted against a flat surface or stretched between trees, poles, etc.
- Do I need a special banner for use outdoors? There are a number of different materials and banner weights that can be used to ensure that the final product is durable. The finishing of the banner (hems, grommets, ropes, etc.) is exptremely important.
- Can I use my logo or other graphics on the banner? With the addition of digital print banners to the lineup there are many options from single spot color done in computer cut vinyl to four-color process, photo quality, digital poster prints. The only limitation is your imagination.
- What specifically is the audience for the banner? This has a lot to do with how large the banner must be and where the banner should be placed, and how much should be invested in the artwork.
- What quantity of banners do I need to be effective? This, again, is relative to how long your intended audience will see a single banner, and how effectively you want the message to be conveyed to your audience.